Urology Training at DGT
The Department deals with acute and elective urological cases on wards and day care. The Stone Department has a Tertiary Care reputation and patients come from the neighbouring hospitals for treatment. There is a ‘one-stop-shop’ for urology and nephrology with clinics, flexible cystoscopy, TRUS biopsies and hyperthermia and BCG treatment to the bladder.
The five Consultants are on call a week at a time. The On-call Registrar is on call from 8am to 5pm Monday to Friday with the on call 5pm to 8am covered by different night Registrars. The week end is covered by the weekend Registrar.
- Clinical Director and Educational Lead: Professor Seshadri Sriprasad
- Surgical College Tutor: Mr Mark Watson
- Medical Education Manager: Mrs Helen Addison
- Director of Clinical Education: Dr Ali Bokhari
- Clinical Tutor: Miss Urmila Singh
- Rota Manager: Mrs Heidi Cooper
DGT Urology Handbook
The Handbook provides up-to-date information on the training available at the Trust as well as useful information on accommodation and the local area.