Medical Training at DGT
The Department of Adult Medicine at Dartford & Gravesham NHS Trust includes several subspecialties, most of which include both in- and out-patient commitments. These specialist services include:
- with a local ‘Heart Centre’ offering re-vascularization and device therapy including re-synchronisation therapy. Primary PCI arrangements are available onsite and at Ashford. This specialty also has major links with St Thomas’s and Kings College Hospital London.
- offers a comprehensive TB service and resources include negative pressure rooms and lung physiology. There is an active interest in interventional pulmonology with pleural ultrasound, bronchoscopy and a now well established ‘Medical Video assisted Thoracoscopy’ as well as having the first Endobronchial ultrasound (EBUS) service in Kent.
- offering conventional endoscopy services in addition to capsule endoscopy, ERCP and MRCP and an interventional stenting service. It also has major links with St Thomas’s Hospital London.
- with an active diabetes service and an evolving metabolic bone disease service.
- which is heavily involved in haemato-oncological research and has major links with the haematology unit at Kings Hospital.
- Elderly medicine
- including stroke medicine with an acute thrombolysis service, a movement disorder service including Parkinson’s disease, and Ortho-Geriatric services including medical trauma liaison. A Carotid Vascular Surgeon is on site.
- Renal Medicine
- has inpatients as well as an onsite renal dialysis unit and major links to Kings College Hospital.
- Outpatient only specialties include rheumatology, with close links to the ortho-geriatric service offering an integrated ‘Falls and Osteoporosis’ service and neurology with a weekly liaison round reviewing selected inpatients.
- RCP College Tutor: Dr Burhan Khan
- Foundation Year 1 Lead: Dr Mathias Toth
- Foundation Year 2 Lead: Dr Shahinul Khan
- Medical Education Officer: Mr Brian Labigalini
- Medical Education Manager: Mrs Helen Addison
- Director of Clinical Education: Dr Ali Bokhari
- Clinical Tutor: Miss Urmila Singh
DGT Medicine Handbooks and Prospectuses
The Handbooks and Prospectuses provide up-to-date information on the training available at the Trust as well as useful information on accommodation and the local area.
The Department of Medicine Handbook provides an overview of the training delivered at the Trust and the individual departments have produced documents which provide more detailed information.
You can scroll through and download the various Handbooks / Prospectuses below: