Acute Care Common Stem is a two-year programme which covers the acute specialties of Anaesthesia, Acute Medicine (General Internal), Emergency Medicine and Intensive Care Medicine.
The ACCS programme is an alternative route into Anaesthesia and Acute Medicine instead of Core Anaesthesia or Core Medicine Training. ACCS is the only route to enter training in Emergency Medicine.
The two-year ACCS Programme will:
- Enable the trainee to approach any critically injured or ill patient with confidence and in a structured manner;
- Understand resuscitation and management of a range of medical and surgical conditions;
- Develop practical skills in line insertion, airway management, wound care, fracture manipulation and many more;
- Understand how intensive care can be applied to the critical patient;
- Realise when 'end of life' decisions are appropriate.
For additional information on ACCS please visit: www.rcoa.ac.uk/accs